You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you find small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a huge dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the present temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning technician is over for your regular furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 432-237-0168.