Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Odessa is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning in Odessa at 432-237-0168 today.