Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Odessa season, have the experts at Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We recommend checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning today at 432-237-0168.