During the cooler Odessa months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning as soon as possible if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning at 432-237-0168 or arrange an appointment with us online.