When it’s cold in Odessa you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can stop air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could require a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your home.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.