The chilly temperatures in winter usually equate to high heating bills. Can you find ways to keep your home warm without inflating your energy cost so much? Yes! Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning has some advice for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help boost your energy efficiency and trim down your heating bills this winter:
- Use sunny days in Odessa to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds and allow the sun to give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from getting in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can take control of your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and help improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work overtime and lower your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick check of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns blocked? Remove anything that’s blocking them for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start looking for a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help lower your energy bills for years to come.
- You’re probably aware that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and escape through the attic. Make sure it’s well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- Many people don’t realize this, but heat can also escape through your roof. Examine it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is a full-time job, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 432-237-0168. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable all year long, even in the harshest Odessa weather.