As warmer weather begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Odessa? Even if your air conditioning system is newer or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning technician can help spot minor issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little troubles before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine components and complete a set of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Immediately with Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 432-237-0168 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.