As spring rolls around, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Odessa? Even if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot little issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine little issues before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine parts and complete a set of cooling performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into major issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and components:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 432-237-0168 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to check our special offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.