Make your life easier—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures arrive. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your machine. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service call from your Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning pro each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for the future. Your technician can make sure that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your air conditioner, which can cut off airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter, don’t forget to uncover it. You can ruin your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in major repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is working at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.