People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature as needed.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to learn more about them and all their benefits, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Redhawk Heating & Air Conditioning in Odessa at 432-237-0168. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.